How to Get In Shape Fast!
by Kerri Johnson, In-Shape Health Clubs | www.inshapeclubs.com
Start with the right routine. To get the most from your summer fitness routine, be sure to choose the right exercises for the areas we hide all winter. For your lower abdomen, try hip lifts off of an exercise ball and leg lifts (or raises) while lying flat. Because they’re more effective than crunches, lifts will supercharge your workout and help you get in shape.
To perform a hip lift:
1. Lie on your back with your arms to your side and palms flat on the ground.
2. Place your feet on the exercise ball for support. Keep your knees slightly bent.
3. Bring your hips up into the air. Hold this position for a few seconds, lower and repeat 10 times.
4. For best results, do three sets of 12 reps every day.
When doing leg raises:
1. Begin in the same position as above but with your knees bent and feet resting on the ground about an inch apart.
2. Raise your legs, keeping them fullyextended and point your feet.
3. Start the exercise by slowly lowering your legs until they’re about an inch from the floor. Keep your legs fullyextended as you raise them until your toes once again point to the ceiling.
4. Do three sets of 12 reps every day. Don’t neglect your arms and legs. Getting in shape for summer isn’t all about
abs, so be sure to work in time for your arms and legs. When done properly, squats can tone your legs, core and buttocks. When you add dumbbells for your arms, you can work several muscle groups at once, which puts you well on your way to getting in shape!
For this combo exercise:
1. Hold the dumbbells next to your ears while squatting.
2. As you come up from the squat, extend your arms above your head.
3. As you bend your legs again, bring down the dumbbells. Repeat this action for about one minute, moving slowly and with purpose.
Add planking to get in shape fast! Finish off your routine with planking— both full and side. When done properly,
planking will strengthen deep core muscles along with arms, shoulders, neck, back, hips and legs. As you try to get in shape for summer, remember: consume lots of protein and keep sugars and fats to a minimum. Good eating habits coupled with exercises like planking, squats and lifts will give you the best chance to achieve your ideal weight and figure.